Now that I have gone a long way down the path of “do it all yourself” and “write your own code snippet and hope for the best” user experiences with Linux, I propose to look back on my journey and cherry-pick the best bits.
Namely, I intend to move from i3 back to KDE Plasma. However, I could no longer stand to have a non tiling WM so will be attempting to integrate i3 and Plasma to work in harmony.
This will mean taking advantage of:
- KDE’s composition for a (hopefully) tear-free screen
- i3’s WM for beautiful tiling windows
- KDE’s synergistic environment and integrated theming tools with friendly, “pointy-clicky” configuration
- i3’s vi-like keyboard commands for window navigation and general use sans-mouse
- KDE’s notification system, prettier task bar, workspace switcher, integrated network managers, VPNs, bluetooth control, system monitoring, etc.